We have compiled some useful dates for 2016 to help with planning this year’s marketing calendar as well as developing content marketing themes.
Not every date may be important to your business, but there may be some dates which will have appeal to your audience.
One of the biggest dates to fall this year is the Rio Olympics. Please note that this event is tightly controlled. In order to protect official sponsors, all other companies are not allowed to use any Olympic assets (including logos, the word “Olympics” or “Paralympics” and even Olympic inspired imagery, such as a torch graphic) for commercial purposes. Businesses will not be permitted to run a marketing promotion about the Olympics. So before you plan any Olympic inspired marketing campaigns please make sure you have familiarised yourself with official brand guidelines, available here, and double-check your wording, imagery selections and don’t imply any association with the Olympics.
Key marketing dates for 2016
- February 6th – March 19th Six Nations Rugby
- February 8th – Chinese New Year. Year of the Monkey
- February 9th – Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day
- February 14th – Valentine’s Day
- February 28th – The Oscars
- March 6th – Mother’s Day
- March 27th – clocks go forward, British Summer Time begins
- March 27th – Easter
- April 1st – April Fool’s Day
- April 9th – Grand National
- April 24th – London Marathon
- May 14th – Eurovision
- May 21st – FA Cup Final
- June 10th – July 10th Euro 2016
- June 19th – Father’s Day
- June 20th – Summer Solstice. Longest day of the year
- June 22nd – 26th – Glastonbury festival
- June 29th – 12th July – Wimbledon
- End of July – end of August – UK school summer holidays
- August 5th – 21st – Rio 2016 Olympics
- August 5th – 29th – Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Beginning of September – Back to School
- September 4th – 11th – Tour of Britain
- September 7th -18th – Rio 2016 Paralympics
- September 22nd – Autumn Equinox. Beginning of Autumn
- October 30th – clocks go back. British Summer Time finishes
- October 31st – Halloween
- November 5th – Bonfire Night
- November 24th – Thanksgiving
- November 25th – Black Friday
- November 26th – Small Business Saturday
- November 28th – Cyber Monday
- December 25th – Christmas Day
- December 26th – Boxing Day
- December 31st – New Year’s Eve
Need help with your 2016 marketing campaigns?
We hope you found this calendar useful, but if you’re stuck, please give the team at Voyage a call – we would love to help.